Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Suzuki V-STROM 1000 ABS
Stock Image: Metallic Matte Fibroin Gray
With the V-Strom 1000 ABS* Adventure, you can conquer city traffic as easily as you scale mountains. It has a fuel-injected, V-twin engine tuned for incredible low-end and mid-range torque. It is also the first Suzuki to come equipped with traction control*, a key to its versatile performance. It’s loaded with accessories that help you tackle any terrain, including hand-guards, a touring windscreen and side-mounted cases. A reliable machine that is All Adventure, No Compromises.
- The four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 1037cc 90-degree V-twin engine is designed to deliver outstanding performance across the entire powerband. This broad capability is necessary to take on the road surfaces that riders encounter during long-distance tours, such as congested urban streets, stone-strewn roads, high-speed highways and twisting, winding roads.
- Pistons were engineered with use of FEM analysis to achieve ideal rigidity and weight.
- The EFI system employs 10-hole injectors on each throttle body to improve fuel atomization for superior combustion efficiency and frugal fuel consumption.
- State-of-the-art transistorized digital ignition system contributes to a more complete combustion by igniting the mixture at the ideal moment.
- The aluminum, twin-spar frame was designed with the latest FEM analysis technology. It is stiffer and 13% lighter than that of the previous generation V-Strom.
- The single-shock, link-style rear suspension features rebound damping force adjustment plus remote, hand-operated spring pre-load adjuster.
- Tokico mono-block front brake calipers are mated with 310mm floating-mount dual discs for strong braking performance.
- Lightweight 10-spoke cast-aluminum wheels (manufactured for Suzuki by Enkei) combine nimble handling with sporty looks.
- Taller and wider than the standard model, the touring height- and angle-adjustable windscreen was carefully shaped through extensive wind-tunnel testing to reduce wind noise and rider fatigue. The angle is easily adjusted by hand.
- The instruments include an analogue tachometer and a brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include an odometer, dual trip meters, the gear position, the coolant and ambient temperatures, the voltage, the riding range, the average fuel consumption, the instantaneous fuel consumption, the traction control mode, a fuel gauge, and a clock.
- The rider can switch between traction control modes and LCD readings using the left handlebar switch.
- 12V DC outlet is conveniently located below the instrument panel. The SAE socket is ideal for powering a GPS unit or charging mobile devices.
- To emphasize Suzuki’s heritage, the bike’s front fairing and beak reflects design cues from the 1988 DR750S, Suzuki’s first adventure touring motorcycle.
- The bright, halogen headlights have the distinctive vertical configuration seen on the Hayabusa and GSX-R sportbikes.
- Rear tail and brake light uses LEDs, which offer higher visibility and greater durability than bulbs.
- The seat is shaped for comfort and to allow riders to easily put their feet on the ground. The side walls of the seat have a high-grip texture for strong hold.
- Matching, quick-release side cases have lock tumblers that match the bike’s ignition key so you have the convenience of one-key operation.
- Strong, steel accessory bars also offer an excellent mounting point for other optional items, like driving lights.
- Hand guards offer additional element protection for the rider’s hands.
- Under cowl not only adds style but keep road grime away from the bottom of the engine (and oil filer service area).
- 12-month limited warranty.
- Engine: 1037cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-Twin
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 mm x 66.0 mm (3.937 in x 2.598 in)
- Compression Ratio: 11.3 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain drive
- Suspension Front: Invetered telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc, twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 110/80R-19 M/C 59V, tubeless
- Tires Rear: 150/70R-17 M/C 69V, tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.3 US
- Color: Metallic Matte Fibroin Gray
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Overall Length: 2285 mm (89.96 in)
- Overall Width: 865 mm (34.05 in)
- Wheelbase: 1555 mm (61.22 in)
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Seat Height: 850mm (33.4in)
- Curb Weight: 228 kg (503 lbs) Weight without Adventure standard equipment
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC, 90-deg. V-Twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 100.0 mm x 66.0 mm (3.937 in. x 2.598 in.)
- Compression Ratio
- 11.3 : 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Front Suspension
- Invetered telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc, twin
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 110/80R-19 M/C 59V, tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 150/70R-17 M/C 69V, tubeless
- 1555 mm (61.22 in.)
- Seat Height
- 850mm (33.4in)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal.
- 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Metallic Matte Fibroin Gray
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.